"You're Flawed if You're not Free"

"You're Flawed if You're not Free"

Monday, February 14, 2011

"Re-frame"

Original

Re-frame

Ben Goossens has many famous images; however, this particular one stood out to me. One of the reasons it stood out to me is because of the color. I love blue it’s my favorite color. What he did with it as far as blending and shading caught my eye instantly when I looked at this image. The contrast between the light blue in the foreground and darker blues in the background creates an instant perception of depth, making the person in the picture pop out of the background. What I find particularly interesting in this photo is the balloon with the face on it. The balloon is why I chose to reframe the image cropping out some of the background to force you to look at the foreground rather than the background. Your eyes have less room to wander in the frame that I did. What I really like about this picture is the shape of the objects in the foreground. There aren’t any jagged or jutting lines to distract you. Everything is very curvy and smooth including the background. The image follows the rule of thirds very well which is appealing to the eye so I naturally look at what is supposed to be seen. I really like the use of the close up shot so in my frame I decided to take it one step further and make the shot even closer. I think Ben Goossens framed the original image the way he did because in his framing there appears to be more depth. You can see a lot more of the background and therefore it may create some different or more intense emotions for the viewer. I feel as though my framing creates more tension by bringing the viewer in closer to the person and the balloon, almost as though the image is staring right back at you.


No comments:

Post a Comment